Wilson Language Training® is a provider of research-based reading and spelling programs for all ages. Its multisensory, structured curricula – Fundations®, JUST WORDS®, the Wilson Reading System®, and WILSON Fluency® have been proven highly effective. The AnnRobinowitz Education Center is a WILSON® Accredited Partner.
Wilson offers several literacy instructional models to meet the needs of distinct student populations: prevention and early intervention for K-3 students, intervention for older students, and intensive intervention. Each program model differs in practice, intensity, and duration, but all have been designed to help students master the appropriate level of literacy.
Wilson Reading System® is a structured literacy program based on phonological-coding research and Orton-Gillingham principles. It directly and systematically teaches the structure of the English language. Through the program, students learn fluent decoding and encoding skills to the level of mastery. From the beginning steps of the program, students receive instruction in:
- Phonemic awareness
- Decoding and word study
- Sight word recognition
- Oral expressive language development
About Wilson Professional Learning
Professional learning and teacher support have been the primary focus of Wilson Language Training® for over 20 years.
Wilson is passionate about providing educators with the knowledge and skills they need to help students who may benefit from a systematic, multisensory, structured language approach. Our hands-on professional learning programs are delivered by a nationwide team of expert Literacy Specialists and Trainers.
What are the Benefits of Wilson Professional Learning?
Teachers who participate in Wilson professional learning:
- Become proficient at teaching structured literacy.
- Gain the confidence, skills, and experience necessary to successfully teach reading and spelling. Have the opportunity to become teacher-leaders.
- May become qualified to teach students with dyslexia.
- Learn to teach reading and spelling using a straightforward, experiential learning approach that supports the goals, principles, and recommended practices of implementation science.
- Acquire multisensory teaching strategies and a comprehensive understanding of the structure of the English language.
- Improve the ability to plan and implement a coherent lesson based on the diverse needs of students.
- Learn to teach Wilson programs with fidelity through the guidance of our experts.
- Gain ongoing support for continuous improvement through the online Wilson Academy® Learning Communities, which deliver reference and instructional materials and networking opportunities.